This week has been established "The Academy of 100 villages", which was described by Prime Minister Edi Rama as a network of collaboration between the government and the university world with the aim of reviving the rural area of 100 selected villages as new tourist destinations.
In his statements, the Albanian prime minister stressed that the development will be evident in these 100 villages, although today it seems impossible.
"We will show clearly where the opportunities for the development of farming and agriculture are currently limited. The agritourism as a mechanism of attraction towards the village, thanks to the historical-cultural values and the stories to be shown, is a highly efficient tool, not used to get out of poverty.
The Albanians have demonstrated the ability to adapt and to apply models of first success all over the world, and this is exactly the goal. " - said Rama, who subsequently pointed out that the project will serve to bring attention back to the emigrants on their country, as a source of revenue and to spread positive energy throughout the nation.
"We do not lack riches, we lack the roads of knowledge. And this project is precisely a path of knowledge that is made available to ordinary people, so that they can profit from what nature offers them. This will be a program that will allow the return of relations between emigrants and their villages of origin, not in a nostalgic sense but in a sense of gain, where the investment will bring more revenues than emigration. " - concluded the prime minister.
Project '100 villages': the eleven goals
- Improvement of public infrastructure
- Economic development through the diversification of economic activities
- Development of social and human capital
- Maps of Albania to be printed on 1 scale: 350.000 or 1: 200.000
- Creation / modernization of road networks leading to 100 villages with tourism potential
- Creation / modernization of the names of inhabited areas (name of villages, neighborhoods, etc.)
- Creation of 100 detailed maps of villages in villages with tourism potential
- Geographical identification of resorts / tourist attractions in 100 villages and their categorization by type / importance
- Determination of the geographical position with the coordinates (X, Y) for all the villages
- Creation of 100 topographic maps for 100 villages in digital format pdf
- Depending on the standards and the amount of tourist signage, make a financial estimate for all the necessary interventions
Follow Albania News on Google News