Alessandro Leogrande, who died suddenly last November at the age of forty, is the writer and intellectual that our country perhaps does not deserve but should listen to, even now that it no longer exists. This piece was released on "Repubblica", by Nicola Lagioia.
With the tools of literary reportage (and therefore going into the field, interviewing, investigating, collecting documents, bringing evidence before opinions) Leogrande recounted the Ilva of Taranto, the hired-laborer in southern Italy, the low empire of Italian politics.
The main road - Tribute to Alessandro Leogrande
He told above all the migrants, and the way in which the Mediterranean in recent years has transformed itself from a cradle into the tomb of civilization. He did it for example in a wonderful book called La frontiera, and even earlier in a book called The shipwreck, which also became a work produced by the Koreja theater and presented at the Venice Music Biennale in the 2014.
The shipwreck tells the tragedy of the Katër i Radës, the Albanian ship loaded with migrants fleeing the civil war that the 28 March of 1997, on Good Friday, was rammed in the Otranto Channel by a corvette of the Italian Navy. 57 people died, in most cases women and children, and other 23 bodies were never found. At the end of the investigation that followed, full of misleading and shady areas, only the captains of the two ships were sentenced.
Alessandro Leogrande he investigated at length the Good Friday massacre. He interviewed survivors, relatives of the victims, soldiers, lawyers, activists, traveled around the cities and villages of Albania where the victims had left. A serious, documented, passionate work, worthy of the great writer and intellectual who was. For this reason Albania now celebrates it.
The September 7 in Tirana will thus be given a road, in the presence of the city mayor Erjon Veliaj, of the Albanian editor of Leogrande Arlinda Dudaj, of Goffredo Fofi, of Luigi De Luca of the Koreja theater, of the writer Ylljet Aliçka, by Valeria Parrella, councilor for culture of the Puglia Region Loredana Capone, and of those who write here. In the days before and after, The shipwreck will be represented in the major cities of Albania and Kosovo.
It would be nice for Italy to learn to recognize and protect its best talents, its best children, as happens outside our borders.
Alessandro Leogrande he was a writer and journalist but above all an intellectual with the rare gift of being able to tell reality in a never superficial way, meeting people and knowing them deeply and giving back their stories in a lucid, analytical and at the same time poetic way. A poetics of the last choice and desired.
Albania has known it as a boy and has never abandoned it: this is why it is not a nostalgic memory, but a deepening of thought and its works. Ylljet Aliçka, Arlinda Dudaj, Goffredo Fofi, Nicola Lagioia e Luigi De Luca these are just some of the names that will question the common vision of a trans-Adriatic culture. Also exponents of the political world from both sides of the sea: Loredana Capone, Councilor for Tourism and Cultural Industry of the Puglia Region ed Erion Veliaj, Mayor of Tirana which will name a road, one via teacher, just to Alessandro Leogrande.
The events that will take place that week:
- 6 Settembre-The work Katër i Rades The Shipwreck, taken from the book The shipwreck by Alessandro Leogrande, will be presented by the Koreja Theater of Lecce in Scutari
- 7 Settembre- The event of the dedication of the Via to the name of Alessandro Leogrande with the presence of Erion Veliaj, Mayor of Tirana.
- 7 Settembre-The event of the presentation at the COD (Center for Openess and Dialogue) Government Palace, of the works of Alessandro Leogrande published in Albanian by the Dudaj publishing house. The Shipwreck, Adriatic, The Frontier.
- 8 Settembre- Presentation of the work in Pristina, Kosovo
- 10 Settembre- Presentation of the work in Tirana, at the amphitheater of the artificial lake.
Rruga që na ndriçon - Në kujtim të Alessandro Leogrande
Alessandro Leogrande ishte shkrimtar dhe gazetar, por mbi të gjitha një intelektual që zotëronte virtytin and rrallë për të rrëfyer realitetin në një mënyrë kurrësesi sipërfaqësore, duke i takuar njerëzit and duke i njohur në thellësi, and duke i rrëfyer historitë e tire me një kthejlltësi, analizë dhe në të njëjtën kohë në mënyrë poetike.
Shqipërinë and ka njohur qysh kur qe fëmijë dhe nuk and braktisi kurrë: kjo është arsyeja pse këto evente nuk do të jenë thjesht një përkujtim nostalgjik, por një thellim në mendimin dhe vepën and tij. Ylljet Aliçka, Arlinda Dudaj, Goffredo Fofi, Nicola Lagioia dhe Luigi De Luca janë vetëm disa nga emrat që do të trajtojnë vizionin and përbashkët të një kulture transadriatike. Gjithashtu edhe eksponentë politikë nga të dyja anët and detit: Loredana Capone, Councilor for Tourism and Cultural Industry of the Puglia Region dhe Erion Veliaj, Kryebashkiaku i Tiranës që do t'i japin emrin and Alessandro Leograndes një rruge në Tiranë.
Eventet që do të zhvillohen atë javë:
- 6 Shtator-Opera “Katër i Radës-Mbytja e anijes”, marrë nga books “Mbytja e anijes” i Alessandro Leogrande, do të shfaqet nga Theater Koreja i Lecce-s në Shkodër.
- 7 Shtator- Events i titullit të rrugës në emrin and Alessandro Leogrande me prezewnën and Erion Veliaj, kryebashkiak i Tiranës.
- 7 Shtator-Events the prezantimit në COD (Center for Openess and Dialogue) Kyeministria, Do të prezantohet vepra and Alessandro Leogrande-s and botuar në shqip nga shtëpia botuese Dudaj, “Mbytja and anijes”, “Adriatiku” dhe “Kufiri”.
- 8 Shtator Shfaqja and Operës në Prishtinë, Kosovë.
- 10 Shtator-Shfaqja and Operës në Tiranë, në amfiteatrin and artificial liqenit.
- "Kufiri": The frontier of Alessandro Leogrande tells the story of migrations in Albanian. Interview with Arlinda Dudaj
- Not to 'scrap' the Memory: in Otranto la Kater I Rades becomes a monument to migrant Humanity
Follow Albania News on Google News