No positive cases of coronavirus have been reported in Kosovo. So far, around 80 suspect cases have been investigated but all have proven negative.
Unlike many other countries affected by the new coronavirus, bans have not yet been imposed in Kosovo. Educational institutions operate as before and there are no bans on rallies and other measures already taken by some countries in an attempt to prevent the spread of the virus.
However, on Tuesday the Kosovo government approved an action plan to stop the new coronavirus, which includes a budget of 10 million euros, which reportedly will be sufficient to equip health facilities, such as first aid, by adapting the facilities to manage any cases of contagion. This plan was initially developed by the Ministry of Health and subsequently approved by the National Security Council.
"This plan establishes the responsibilities of each institution, which will include, among other things, equipment for healthcare professionals, supplies for therapies, adaptation of the necessary infrastructure, information material for citizens, laboratory equipment, creation of isolation areas, team of specialized doctors and rooms suitable for hospital stays. " said Arben Vitia, the Minister of Health.
A few days ago, the government of Kosovo had allocated another 400.000 euros to provide health workers with the necessary equipment for protective measures.
"In order to protect health workers but also other support services, such as border police, customs and other operators, the Ministry of Health has recently developed procedures for the purchase of emergency equipment, necessary for these services, such as protective masks, gloves, protective clothing, visors, infrared thermometers, various disinfectants and in the next few days there will be further tenders for an even more massive supply, even if there are no predictions how long an epidemiological situation caused by the new coronavirus can last "said Faik Hoti, head of the information department of the Ministry of Health.
Statement from the Embassy of Kosovo in Italy
Given the provisions and measures of the Italian government regarding the emergency created by COVID-19 #coronavirus, and for the safety of all Kosovar citizens and staff of the Embassy of the Republic of Kosovo in Rome, we urge our citizens to reduce mobility and influx in offices and public spaces. We invite you to stay at home with families.
The Embassy of the Republic of Kosovo in Rome informs that it is at the service of Kosovar citizens only in emergencies.
The situation in Albania
Meanwhile in Albania I am 15 cases of contagion verified so far. The Albanian government has taken drastic measures to counter the spread of coronavirus infection.
In fact, pubs, discos, gyms, closed spaces for children's entertainment, sports centers, swimming pools, social or entertainment centers will be closed until April 3.
This is the government's decision to combat the spread of coronavirus. As for the bars and restaurants, the premises will remain open, but with a limited number of tables to respect a distance of 2 meters.
Follow Albania News on Google News