The Central Directorate for Operations for the Management of Natural Disasters continues to update the preliminary balance sheet on the earthquake damage that the November 26 has struck Albania.
To date, according to the latest preliminary balance sheet on a national scale, 893 are the buildings damaged by the earthquake (of which 558 severely damaged and 20 declared uninhabitable) for a total of 9017 damaged homes (of which 5497 heavily damaged or destroyed).
In the districts of Durres, Tirana, Kukës, Lezhë, Elbasan and Dibër the preliminary balance sheet of the earthquake damage is as follows (updated at 12: 00 of the 03 / 12 / 2019):
- District of Tirana: 3821 housing severely damaged or destroyed, 3199 housing damaged, 461 buildings severely damaged, 328 damaged buildings, 11 damaged educational institutions, 15 damaged electrical booths, 146 damaged businesses and 1 damaged health center.
- District of Durres: 1311 homes severely damaged or destroyed, 35 buildings severely damaged.
- District of Lezhë: 168 homes severely damaged or destroyed, 56 buildings severely damaged, 5 educational institutions damaged.
- Elbasan district: 34 housing severely damaged or destroyed, 248 housing damaged, 7 buildings damaged, 9 educational institutions damaged.
- Kukës district: 150 housing severely damaged or destroyed, 3 educational institutions damaged, 1 health center damaged.
- District of Dibër: 13 homes severely damaged or destroyed, 73 homes damaged.
In the district of Durres, where the greatest damage was recorded, an earthquake damage assessment unit coordinated by the deputy minister for infrastructure and energy, Artan Shkreli, was established. The unit is composed of experts from the United States, Turkey, Switzerland, France, Greece and other EU countries (in total 55), as well as from Albanian officials (in total 74) from the engineering institute and other institutions ; 30 engineers from Kosovo joined the team today, bringing the total number of experts to 159.
Meanwhile, in Durres and Thumanë the demolition of the buildings destroyed by the earthquake continues based on the decision of the municipal council arrived after the official evaluation of the technical experts. To date, 17 buildings have been demolished (9 in Durres and 8 in Thumanë) while another six will be demolished in the coming days.
Follow Albania News on Google News