More and more Italians decide to continue their studies at the University "Nostra Signora del Buon Consiglio" in Tirana.
Founded in the 2004 in Albania, NSBC - which holds its courses in Italian - was one of the first private university institutes in Albania and the first to have made agreements with other Italian institutions including the University of Bari, the University of Tor Vergata - Rome, the University of Milan, the University of Palermo and the University of Bologna.
With these agreements - which allow recognition in both countries of the degree obtained at the NSBC - the Italian partners supported the start-up of the new University, transferring their well-established know-how and thus allowing the birth of a new university education center .
Over the years, the NSBC has become a real institution not only in Albania but also in Italy, where thousands of students come every year. The great advantage of NSBC - in addition to the aforementioned recognition of the degree - is in fact that of being "the second possibility" for all those who wish to study medical faculties, in particular medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy and pharmacy.
The NSBC admission tests for these faculties are set every three to four weeks away from the Italian ones. For this reason, they represent a lifeline for all Italian students who want to crown their academic dreams.
Studying in Tirana: universities and costs
The educational offer of the NSBC a Tirana it includes - in addition to the faculties of medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy and pharmacy - also nursing, economics, political science, construction engineering and architecture.
Costs obviously vary from faculty to faculty: we start from about 4.000 euros (for Italian students) of physiotherapy, nursing, economics, political science, to get to around 8.000 euros for the faculties of medicine, pharmacy and dentistry, going from about 5.000 for the faculties of architecture and building engineering. Rates that can also be paid in three installments.
The selection of candidates for the Degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Physiotherapy and Nursing (ie the faculties with a limited number) will take place through competitions that will take place on the following dates:
Those who pass the admission tests, to complete enrollment at the university, must apply for an Albanian residence permit. The latter, in fact, becomes mandatory when the duration of the stay exceeds 90 days.
Also the application to be made for the residence permit must be sent within the time limit of 90 days, otherwise you will be sanctioned with a fine that varies (but not less than 200 euros) to the days of delay from the deadline.
To obtain a residence permit in Albania, the following are required:
- a written request specifying the applicant's identity, the reason for the stay, the address of the accommodation and the telephone number in Albania;
- the passport used for legal entry into Albania; a copy of the passport pages containing the official notations of interest, stamped by an Albanian notary. In particular, it is necessary to present: the first page with the general information and the photo of the passport holder; the page with the entry visa in Albania, if you have entered Albania with a visa; the page with the entry date stamp in Albania;
- the certificate of the criminal record of the country of origin, or of the country in which the person concerned resided legally during the last semester. The document must be apostillated by the competent public prosecutor's office;
- the home rental contract in Albania;
- the birth certificate and the family status certificate, translated and apostillated at the competent Prefecture for the territory;
- two photos (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm) for each member of the family;
- financial guarantees (a copy stamped by the notary of the documents attesting to the economic or humanitarian activity carried out; the bank guarantee; the savings book);
- the certificate of a guarantor, or of the employer, explaining the reason for the stay and the activity carried out by the person.
Apulia-Albania pact for medicine
During the international forum "The blue economy in the Mediterranean: opportunities for development and cooperation" in the Fiera del Levante in Bari, the president of the Puglia region, Michele Emiliano, together with the Albanian prime minister Edi Rama explained that there are new university collaborations between the two countries on the horizon:
"The Faculties of Medicine of Bari and Foggia are in dialogue with the Albanian universities for common degree courses. We are also working on telemedicine, which was born in Puglia as emergency medicine on ambulances, to avoid, for example, improper hospitalizations due to suspected heart attacks.
In Albania the problem is even more acute because there are countries that are very far apart and isolated. So for Albania, telemedicine is of great interest. It serves to pool our skills, so we can complete or give suggestions on diagnoses even from a distance.
This can result in a real protocol. The premier also asked me to be available to sign an agreement for the treatment of the most serious cases of Albanian citizens here in Puglia.
We have given our availability and this will allow Albanian doctors who are following their patients to learn new techniques from our collaborating doctors, as we already do with all those who arrive in Puglia and are treated free of charge by law". - stated Emiliano.