From 1 June there will be no more red and green areas, as circulation will be allowed throughout the country. The news was announced by Prime Minister Edi Rama in his latest communication on COVID-19, he explained that this is the last week in which the restrictive measures will be in force.
That is, until Sunday, traffic for pedestrians will be allowed until 21:00, while on weekends the exit will be reserved for the elderly and parents with children up to 14 years. Subsequently, starting from June 1, normalcy will be returned to the whole country, with the opening also of nursery schools and kindergartens.
"Each citizen will have individual responsibilities in protecting himself and his families from COVID-19," said Rama
However, based on the numbers of the infection, which Rama wanted to emphasize that in Tirana they are not very good since yesterday they occurred 21 new approxsisports and cultural activities with spectators will continue to remain closed until an indefinite period, and there will be a ban on weddings and funerals with many people.
Public transport and open beaches will remain suspended but those managed by hotel facilities. Indirectly, the head of government blamed the gatherings for theAlliance for the Safeguarding of the Theaterwho organized protests after the demolition of the building.
Rama has shown himself optimistic, they announce that Albania has won the fight against the invisible enemy. On this occasion the Prime Minister thanked the citizens for respecting the measures imposed, the doctors, and the state police. The next battle, for him now, is the economic one. For this, Rama announced that he will soon present the economic recovery plan, with the promise that the country "will recover in a year".
Prime Minister Rama said that in case we have a second wave, we are ready to face it. The hospital near the Tirana-Durres highway will be ready soon. It has been rebuilt according to the standards to support resuscitation and is equipped with all the necessary logistics.
Today's bulletin, May 28
The number of people infected with COVID-19 in Albania continues to increase. Tirana continues to be the main outbreak in the country with a large number of confirmed Covid-19 positive cases. All other areas in Albania are for the second consecutive day without new cases.
In the past 24 hours, 225 citizens have undergone the test mentioned 26 tested positive, all in Tirana, 5 more than yesterday. 73 staff members were tested at Tirana hospital, 12 of whom tested positive, all without symptoms. In total, 20 are infected at the Tirana hospital, including 12 medical personnel and 8 patients; all infected by a nurse.
At the hospital for infectious diseases, 24 patients are currently being treated, 3 of whom are in intensive care. In the past 24 hours, 11 citizens have joined the list of the healed, bringing the total number of healed to 823.
Since the beginning of the epidemic, over 15.000 swabs and serological tests have been performed, while the number of confirmed positive cases across the country is 1.076. Of these, over 76% have recovered. There are currently 220 active infections, mainly in Tirana, Durres and Kruja.
Follow Albania News on Google News