The Minister of Defense, Elisabetta Trenta, is on an official visit to Albania today, Tuesday 23 October 2018.
During her stay in the Albanian capital, Minister Thirty will meet with Prime Minister Edi Rama and Minister of Defense Olta Xhaçka. At the conclusion of the bilateral meeting with the Albanian homologation a press statement will be held at the Ministry of Defense
In the afternoon, the ministers Trenta and Xhaçka will open the works of the Albania-Italy Industrial Workshop, scheduled at the Residenza d'Italia.
Elisabetta Trenta: biography
Elisabetta Trenta was born in Velletri (Rome) the 4 June 1967. He is a Senior Program Manager for development projects, economics and international cooperation and boasts 20 years experience in project and program management.
He has acquired much of his experience within SudgestAid, a small but dynamic company that operates in post-conflict situations, such as the current scenarios in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen and Lebanon.
His interest in matters of national security and defense developed in this context, especially after his first experience in Iraq, where he worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation as political adviser to the Commander of Italian forces in Nassirya. In this capacity he was responsible for governance issues within the Provincial reconstruction team.
The 30 July 2008 was given the nomination as captain of the Selected Army Reserve.
Elisabetta Trenta was a researcher for security and defense at the Military Center for Strategic Defense Studies (CEMISS) from 2016 to 2017. In the 2009 she was also National Councilor of the Commander of the Italian contingent deployed with the United Nations Interposition Forces in Lebanon (UNIFIL) in Tibnin, and participated in various national and international military exercises.
Between 2010 and 2011 he worked in Lebanon with SudgestAid, in support of the decentralization of the Ministry of the Interior and the Lebanese Municipalities.
From 2013 to 2014, in Libya, she was Project Manager for the reintegration of ex-combatants within the Archaeological Sites Task Force.
Dr. Trenta has extensive knowledge and long experience (2004 / 2009) in the field of European project procedures and management, in particular for EU Framework Contracts in the field of governance and standardization.
In the 1994 she graduated in Political Science with a specialization in economics from the La Sapienza University of Rome. He then obtained the following Masters:
· International development, at the STOA-School of Management (1996);
· Intelligence and Security, University of Malta-Link Campus (Rome, 2008);
· Geopolitics (title of the online Master: Chaos and powers: the equations of change), SIOI-Limes and Oltrelimes (2013).
The numerous courses attended include:
· The pre-deployment course for Libya - Scuola Superiore S. Anna, Pisa (2014);
· Stabilization and Reconstruction Management Senior Course - Army Post-Conflict Operations Center, Turin (2014);
· Hostile Environment Awareness Training Course (HEAT) organized by the Italian Army in collaboration with the University of Malta - Link Campus (2015);
· Intelligence Analysis Course, organized by the Italian Army in collaboration with the University of Malta - Link Campus (2016);
· New Peacekeeping Operations as Stabilizing Factor for the EU- European Security and Defense College under the Alti Studies of Defense Center (CASD), Rome, (2017).
Dr. Trenta has an excellent knowledge of English, an intermediate level of knowledge of French and Russian, and knowledge of Spanish and Arabic. )
Source: Embassy of Italy in Tirana
Follow Albania News on Google News