The director of the Institute of Public Health, Albana Fico announced in a public communication that they have so far been tested 505 suspicious cases.
12 of the people who tested positive were hospitalized in the infectious diseases department (from Tirana, Durres, Fier, Lushja and Rrogozhina); Two of them are in intensive care, a 66 year old from Lushnja and a 61 year old from Fier. While the rest of the infected are in stable conditions so far.
The positive cases confirmed
- Tirana 22 cases
- Durres 5 cases (one victim)
- Lushnje 2 cases
- Elbasan 2 cases
- Fier 5 cases
- Rrogozhina 2 cases
“In the last 24 hours, the Institute of Public Health in collaboration with local health unit epidemiologists, has worked uninterrupted fieldwork to identify cases and discover contacts with cases already confirmed with Covid-19.
I want to urge all citizens again to respect the new rules and stay at home, in order to avoid risks as much as possible ", Said Fico.
Drastic measures in Albania
From Monday you cannot leave the cities. From the north to the south all stopped. Only ambulances, authorized vehicles and freight transport are in circulation.
Measures against the spread of coronavirus are intensifying in Albania. In fact, the drastic measures taken for the weekend are prolonged with the prohibition of the circulation of all public and private means of transport, buses and taxis. Excluding ambulances, freight and authorized vehicles, mostly state ones.
These drastic but necessary measures were taken by the government to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the country.
“Traffic in these territories will be open only to ambulances, to vehicles that perform public service functions and to the transport of goods.
These extreme measures that limit freedom of movement are a necessity to protect every citizen, every family and Albania itself from the aggressive escalation of the coronavirus attack on us and our loved ones. " Rama had said
Follow Albania News on Google News