La American Chamber of Commerce in Albania (AmCham), requested through a press release the cancellation of tax obligations for at least three months and for business, which would become you are for the tourism sector and creation of an emergency fund which will allow theaccess to capital through light loans or lost funds.
These proposals come to meet companies, so that they can face the negative effects of this period, given the forced suspension of economic activities due to the spread of the coronavirus.
In the statement, the Chamber said it was following the challenges posed by the global pandemic COVID-19 with great concern and offered its support to prevent, contain and mitigate the consequences of this epidemic.
"These are not normal business times. Government policies must be adapted to the extraordinary situations in which we live. We believe that our recommendations will help all companies that have financial difficulties by relieving them of normal financial obligations"
Confindustria Albania has also proposed an action plan with measures to support the production system.
"The emergency linked to the Covid-19 epidemic raises strong concerns in the production system. To date, the spread of Covid-19 in Albania is mainly causing damage to the turnover of companies, as indicated by the investigations carried out with associated companies.
For Confindustria Albania, maintaining production continuity is a priority, guaranteeing continuity in supply and distribution flows and specific interventions on employment dynamics, on social safety nets and in support of companies' liquidity.
Furthermore, there is a need for continuous dialogue with business representatives to arrive at effective and shared decisions to support production activities, which are already suffering from very negative repercussions linked to the epidemic.
Therefore, Confindustria Albania has elaborated a series of proposals aimed at facing the economic and social crisis induced by the progressive expansion of the epidemiological emergency.
Urgent interventions must move along the following priority lines:
- immediately guarantee the liquidity of companies, severely compromised by the ongoing emergency, through instruments such as the suspension of payments of taxes and contributions;
- to provide homogeneous procedures throughout the national territory to guarantee production continuity, avoiding fragmented and contradictory interventions between the various levels of government;
- provide for employees who will remain at home due to the cessation of activities, as well as for those who decide to quarantine themselves, a remuneration from the social and health insurance fund for a period of at least 1 month;
- provide for the postponement of the presentation of the financial statements for 2019 to the Tax Office;
- avoid blocking corporate bank accounts due to tax obligations for the duration of the viral situation;
- avoid interruption of basic services (such as electricity, water) for reasons of non-payment.”Reads their page
Follow Albania News on Google News