The supervisory authority for games of chance in Albania () authorized the first activity in the seventh 'remote electronic games', in a context in which only in November last year the government approved the costs and demands that these activities must fulfill in order to obtain the license.
According to the AMLF data, the company in question is Universe sh.a, the only one with this type of activity in our country.
With reference to the 'national bussiness center' database, the company is registered as the 4 July 2017 with a capital value of around 1.2 billion leke.
The main shareholders are two, who hold the 70% of the shares of the business, while the remaining 30% is in possession of Universal Software Solutions NV The main office appears to be in Durres, while the secondary office in Tirana completed only at the end of last March.
The company should carry out activities in many sectors, such as construction, transport, advertising, gambling games, import, export, accommodation, tourism, remote electronic games, services computer, marketing, website creation and management, domain registration, web design services, electronic computer programs, textile manufacturing and processing, apparel industry manufacturing, bars and restaurants , financial assets, currency exchange activities, telecommunications, digital media and wholesale and retail trade.
The 2016 Gambling Law defines as a category that can get a license, even companies that offer 'electronic games at a distance'.
In November of the 2017, the government determined the conditions for issuing licenses, including having an economic capital of at least 1.2 billion leks.
Similarly, the subject in question or one of the shareholders must already have experience in this sector, while the company must necessarily declare the sources of its income.
Registration is necessary so that the body that exercises control activities in online electronic games, on the Internet, does not block the sites.
Follow Albania News on Google News