As of Tuesday 10 March, total blocking of air and sea connections to and from Italy has been scheduled.
- The government has ordered the closure of the school institutions until April 3 and the suspension of all cultural, artistic, conferences and other activities that foresee a public gathering.
- In inviting citizens from contagion areas to isolate themselves, a monetary penalty of 5 thousand euros was introduced in case of violation.
- Other precautionary measures include the prohibition of visits by family members of patients hospitalized, in particular in the infectious disease department, as well as family members of prisoners.
- Suspension of all surgical procedures has been ordered, except in emergencies.
- All those who intend to enter Albanian territory through border crossing points throughout the territory have been completed.
- The municipality of Tirana has implemented preventive measures, such as the disinfestation of lifts and stairs in apartment buildings and all public and private educational institutions and public transport.
- From 6 am on Friday 13 March to 24 on Sunday 15 March, the main cities of the country are subject to a limited circulation regime: total ban on the movement of public and private means of transport, except for ambulances and means of transport to ensure the mobility of medical / health staff and airport employees, subject to specific authorization from the competent police authorities.
- Law enforcement and armed forces are operational to ensure the adoption of preventive measures (checkpoints have been set up on most of the territory to identify the subjects who have recently returned to Albanian territory from the red areas or in any case infected).
- From midnight on Sunday 15 March, any entry into Albanian territory is closed to travelers arriving by bus or car from Montenegro, Kosovo, North Macedonia and Greece. Ground boundaries remain open only for the transportation of goods.
- For the organization of the international transport of goods, under the conditions of prevention of the diffusion of COVID-19, all the companies that carry out the international transport of goods are required to send (by 23.00 pm on 14.03.2020) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, the list of drivers of the vehicles of the company that carries out international transport. This list should contain: name, surname, date of birth, no. Passport and no. of the international driving license.
- Starting from Monday 16 March, circulation will be allowed to vehicles for business trips until 08.00 in the morning and from 16.00 to 17.00. For offenders, the sanction will be the withdrawal of the license for three years and the seizure of the vehicle. The movement of vehicles that are not part of public services will be prohibited except for the indispensable cases of the circulation of private vehicles.
For any further information on the procedures to be followed, the State Police has made the following numbers available: +355694122223 / +355694122224.
- All manufacturing, manufacturing and service companies not currently included in the list of prohibited activities should take measures by Monday to ensure the transport of their employees by making available buses accredited by the State via Email to the address of the State Police: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or accrediting the means of its employees. The content of the email should be as follows:
· Name and surname of the employees;
Plates of buses with which employees will circulate;
License plate of the private vehicle with which the employee will have to move;
· Workplace where they will go;
· Program of movements;
· In these vehicles, employees must have protective equipment such as gloves, masks and disinfectants.
- The total closure of bars, restaurants, gyms and other closed environments is confirmed also in the cities of Shkodra, Lezha, Elbasan, Fier and Vlora, as well as Tirana and Durres.
This document was prepared by the Italian Embassy in Tirana.
For all updates on Covid-19 in Albania follow link
Follow Albania News on Google News