The Albanian government has decided to send a team of doctors and nurses to Italy to deal with the Covid-19 emergency in the country.
30 doctors from Albania will arrive today in Bergamo to help the most affected city in the neighboring country for 1 month.
Italy remains the country most affected by COVID-19 with a high number of deaths and medical personnel who are continuously struggling to cope with the exceptional influx of patients.
With a decision of March 27, the Albanian government also ordered a special fund planned for this humanitarian operation.
The content of the Decree
Decree of March 27, 2020 "on the supply of aid with health personnel to the Italian Republic".
The Council of Ministers on proposal of the Minister of Health and Social Protection decided:
- Provide assistance to healthcare personnel, doctors and nurses to the Italian Republic following the pandemic conditions caused by COVID-19,
- The remuneration foreseen for doctors and nurses who will provide health services pursuant to point 1 of this act will be 3.000 (three thousand) euros per month for doctors and 2500 (two thousand five hundred) euros per month for nurses.
- A fund of 11.000.000 Lek (€ 85200) is foreseen for staff remuneration.
health, doctors and nurses, according to point 2 of this deed, paid by the state budget reserve fund, adopted for 2020.
- Ministry of Health and Social Protection will carry out the selection of doctors and
- Ministry of Health and Social Protection and Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy
will take all measures to ensure the transport of health personnel, doctors and nurses, to Italy.
- The implementation of this decision is the responsibility of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection, the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy and the Ministry of Finance and Economy.
This decision shall enter into force immediately and be published in the Official Journal.
Albanian doctors and nurses leaving for Italy
Follow Albania News on Google News