Vienna always in the lead, Tirana as well as other Balkan capitals rather detached. It is the picture indicated by theof the 'Quality of Living Ranking ', the ranking of the quality of life in the major cities of the world, compiled annually by the Mercer consulting agency.
In the ranking for the quality of life, Tirana, the capital of Albania, was ranked at the 176esimo place on 231 total cities.
The classification is based on different parameters, such as political and social framework, environment, transport, housing situation, cultural offers, schools and education, medical assistance.
Quality of Living Ranking - Tirana
In relation to the other capitals of the Balkans, Tirana is the last in terms of quality of life behind Zagreb (98th place), Belgrade (139th place), Sarajevo (159esimo place) and Skopje (161esimo place).
While, widening the comparison to all the European capitals and cities, Tirana is penultimate, followed only by the capital of Belarus Minsk (188esimo place).
Read also:10 reasons to visit Tirana
The study was carried out by Mercer, an American consultancy firm that publishes this particular ranking every year based on several 39 criteria to offer countries and governments useful indications regarding their attractiveness to the economic community and the factors on which to focus to grow in this direction.
Vienna, the city in which it is qualitatively better to live
For the ninth consecutive year it is Vienna that commands the list of the city with better quality of life, followed then in second place by Zurich and third by Munich; the latter has made great efforts in recent years to attract businesses also investing in high-tech infrastructures.
Instead, this ranking ends with Baghdad (Iraq) at the 231th place, Bangui (Central African Republic) at the 230th place and Sanaa (Yemen) at the 229th place.
How Mercer's search takes place - Parameters
This year, Mercer has compiled a special classification in the subcategory of cities, which specifically analyzes urban waste removal infrastructures, levels of infectious diseases, air pollution and the availability and quality of drinking water. All aspects considered fundamental to attract companies.
The research offers individual reports for each city examined by analyzing them on the basis of 39 factors, divided into 10 macrogroups:
- The political and social environment (political stability, crime)
- Economic environment (banking services, currency exchange regulations)
- Social environment (media availability and censorship, restrictions on personal freedom)
- Medical and health services (medical supplies and services, contagious diseases, waste disposal and air pollution)
- Courses and education (standard and availability of international schools)
- Public services and transport (electricity, water, public transport, traffic)
- Entertainment venues (restaurants, theaters, cinemas, sports and recreational centers)
- Consumption models (availability of food products, machines)
- Accommodation (rental houses, appliances, maintenance services)
- Natural environment (climate, natural disasters)
Follow Albania News on Google News