The directive signed on Wednesday, April 1, by the Minister of Health, Ogerta Manastirliu, clarifies that the measures will remain in force until the end of the epidemic condition caused by the COVID-19 infection.
All activities that were suspended from the time patient zero Covid-19 appeared in Albania will be stopped further.
Therefore, public and private schools, kindergartens, bars, restaurants, public activities (events, etc.), public and private non-urgent surgical operations planned, dental clinics, will be suspended indefinitely.
The decision taken on March 13 to close bars and restaurants across the country, including gyms, fast food restaurants, cultural activities and gathering bans, is thus extended sine die or until the end of the coronavirus emergency.
Schools that were closed by a March 9 decision will also remain closed until the end of the emergency.
Below is a list of activities subject to precautionary measures:
- suspension of scheduled surgery at the "Mother Teresa" and "Shefqet Ndroqi" hospitals (Ord. 219 of 1.4. 2020);
- suspension of all public and non-public activities and prohibition of mass gatherings in closed environments or outdoors (Ord. 222 of 1.4.2020);
- suspension of the functions of the commissions for the evaluation of disabled people and disabled people (Ord. 220 of 1.4.2020);
- suspension of all scheduled surgery at public and private hospitals (Ord. 218 of 1.4.2020);
- closing of bars, restaurants, fast-food restaurants and limitation of the services offered by hotel structures (Ord. 217 of 1.4.2020);
- adoption of special measures for the prevention of the spread of the infection caused by coronavirus (Ord. 223 of 1.4.2020);
- closure of the activity of schools and kindergartens, public and private (Ord. 216 of 1.3.2020);
- closure of dental clinics (Ord. 221 of 1.4.2020).
Albanian communication from the Minister of Health
Follow Albania News on Google News