The Embassy of Albania in Italy has published a reminder on the security protocol for all citizens who wish to travel from Albania to Italy and vice versa.
It is the first time after several months that the Embassy has published a press release regarding travel between Italy and Albania, which arrives following the expressed concern by the President of the Tuscany Region, Enrico Rossi, on the new outbreaks of foreign origin and especially those from Albania where yesterday 13 cases from flights with Tirana had been registered.
The press release
For all those categories of Albanian citizens, who according to the decree can travel to Albania (citizens with residence and residence permit in Italy) and who can travel to Italy or Albania for personal reasons, must keep in mind that:
- Passengers must maintain a distance of 1,5 meters at the airport.
- The airport will establish an automatic point where passengers can purchase masks or disinfectants.
- For the care of personal hygiene, hand sanitizers were installed at the entrance of the terminal, at the entrance of the security corridor as well as in the area of the arrival terminal where luggage is collected.
- People who enter the terminals, both departure and arrival, will pass through the disinfectant tunnel. The material that is used to disinfect is hydrogen peroxide, diluted in water to 0,2% according to the guidelines of the Institute of Public Health.
- Passengers must complete a self-certification on their COVID-19 status during check-in before they can board.
- Upon entering the terminal, departing as well as arriving, passengers will be measured the temperature. Passengers over 37,5 degrees Celsius will not be allowed to continue the boarding procedure and will be moved to special areas of isolation.
- Airport passengers, who will be identified as symptomatic by the Public Health authorities, may not be allowed to continue the boarding procedure.
- No symptomatic passengers will be repatriated on a scheduled flight together with other passengers.
- During transit in the terminals, passengers must respect the signs and keep their physical distance from other people.
- Passengers who do not implement preventive measures will not have access to the airport terminal and will be removed from the airport by public safety authorities.
In the case of travel from Albania to Italy it must be remembered that a self-declaration must be signed which includes these main points:
- Have not been positive for COVID-19 or quarantined in the past 14 days.
- Do not have more than 37,5 degrees centigrade (regardless of the measurement that is performed by the border authorities at the time of travel)
- At the time of travel there are no signs of fatigue, loss of taste, body pain, coughing, shortness of breath, diarrhea, throat pain and general fever.
- No contact with COVID-19 positive people in the last 14 days.
- No contact with COVID-19 positive people in the 48 hours preceding the onset of symptoms.
- The obligation to communicate with the competent health authority of the area where they are resident about their health condition.
- The requirement for a 14-day quarantine period, which will be monitored by the health services.
- If symptoms appear, the obligation to notify the family doctor immediately.
Read the press release of the Embassy in Albanian language
We also recall that the EU countries they did not feel Albania is still a safe country in terms of epidemiological situation and restrictions on the country of eagles have been extended until 31 July.
Follow Albania News on Google News