2019 administrative elections. In recent weeks, Albania News has given ample space to the strong presence of Albanian-born candidates for the now imminent municipalities and the presence of Gerarta Dance in the Southern Circumscription to the Europeans.
Today we present you Oldrin Shkurti, candidate a Osimo (Ancona) with the Movement 5 Stars in support of the candidate for mayor David Monticelli.
Interview with Oldrin Shkurti
There are Oldrin Shkurti I have 42 years, I was born in Vlorë, where I studied and graduated from the "Ali Demi" high school in 1995.
I am married and have a son, I work in a plastic molding company. I am a candidate for councilor with the 5 Star Osimo Movement with candidate for mayor David Monticelli. Unfortunately in our city are seven candidates for mayor and well 17 lists! All civic lists except one of the PD.
1.What is your proposal in the 5 Stars Movement program?
Specifically, I am the spokesperson of the Albanian community of Osimo, and I deal with young people and sport.
2. If you win, what do you think you propose to be innovative for all citizens?
My aspiration is that all boys and girls have the opportunity to practice sport, without putting further burdens on their parents' pockets. At present, families give the way to sport for their children to give a better educational / educational path. This involves sacrifices for all of us parents, who put brick by brick every day to make our children's dreams come true!
3. Why do you think they will have to vote for you?
I am a osimano disappointed by politics, in the last 20 years I have seen the generational decline, young people, unfortunately, are uninterested and without goals! I decided to get involved, trying in my own small way to change Osimo and give my contribution for the future of these guys.
4. Being in possession of a dual citizenship, belonging to multiple cultures and speaking multiple languages is a point of advantage or disadvantage for you and why?
Certainly it is an advantage, it gives you the opportunity to compare yourself and better understand people. Being a simple citizen, making one's own knowledge available and being close to the people is an immense satisfaction.
5. You are of Albanian origin. What is Albania for you?
Albania is the country that gave me its origins, education. I am proud of my country, and I hope one day, not so far away, to see it as an integral part of Europe!
6. What does it mean to have a foreign name in your everyday life?
Good question ... fortunately in Osimo I have never encountered difficulties, quite the contrary. The Albanians in Osimo are perfectly integrated into the social life of the city. By working with dedication and commitment they have earned the respect of all. They are true osimani citizens!
7. Are you Italian enough for those who will vote for you?
I left Albania for only 18 years, I lived 24 in Osimo…. it seems that I am more Italian, than Albanian ...
8. Do you care about polls? What do they say about the list you signed up for?
No, I really don't care, also because the results of the polls always go in favor of those who commissioned them! The M5S in Osimo, the last election was the party with the greatest preference.
9. What does it mean to be integrated in your opinion and what are the proposals to be made to improve immigration policies?
Integration, honesty, transparency, participation, farsightedness: these are our principles, our flag. We really need to aim at these values for a better future. And I am proud to honor all these principles.
10. Is there an organized Albanian community where you are a candidate? (like some association, a school, etc.). How many Albanians are there in your constituency?
No, unfortunately not, even if it counts 355 people. But in Ancona there are two; "Aquila" and "Aquila Calcio" that has in its ranks boys of well 11 different nationalities!
11. Don't you think they only chose you to draw on the votes of your community?
Absolutely not. I have been with M5S for several years. I know very well David Monticelli, a reliable, very competent and courageous man. It would never fall to these levels, as do its other contenders (unfortunately)!
12. What do you have to say to the other candidates of Albanian origin who compete in other lists?
Be assertive and strongly support your ideas.
13. Do you want to add something or say more that you think is important?
The 5 Star Movement does not think of the next elections, but of future generations!
Follow Albania News on Google News