The next 26 May, together with the European elections, will be held the Italian administrative elections. At the municipal elections in Biella in the Piedmont region there are five candidates for the post of mayor, while in 409 instead they compete for one of the 32 seats of the municipal council.
Dashamir Kruja, the candidate of Albanian origins, is a candidate with the civic list "Biella è Gentile" - in support of the mayor candidate Dino Gentile - has 50 years of which 30 lived in Italy. Works from 28 years in the textile industry, has 3 children
Interview with Dashamir Kruja
"I decided to run for Dino Gentile because I believe in him and I trust the principles and values that he conveys above all to young people. I believe in this political project that puts people at the center of all our actions. "
1. What is your proposal in the list program? If you win, what do you think you propose to be innovative for all citizens?
My proposal within the program is to work harder to give young people more development opportunities in our city (more work for young people ...). Compared to the geographical position, find strategies to improve the connection between Biella and the rest of the provinces.
2. Why do you think they will have to vote for you?
They will have to vote for me because in addition to the experience of 30 years of work in the textile industry always in the Biella area. I carry my cultural background as an Albanian emigrant, plus I am married to a Cuban citizen and the combination of our two cultures is the demonstration of globalization, mirrors of modern reality.
3. Being in possession of a dual citizenship, belonging to multiple cultures and speaking multiple languages is a point of advantage or disadvantage for you and why?
Having dual citizenship and speaking multiple languages can only be an advantage because in this period of strong emigration, a lot of people see themselves in us.
4. You are of Albanian origin. What is Albania for you?
Albania is my home to me, my roots are.
5. What does it mean to have a foreign name in your everyday life?
I am proud of my foreign name because it is unique and different.
6. Are you Italian enough for those who will vote for you?
To those who will vote I can only say that from my 50 years 30 lived in Italy ...
7. Do you care about polls? What do they say about the list you signed up for?
I care enough about the polls but I don't believe in the reality of people much more. Polls say we are in first place.
8. What does it mean to be integrated in your opinion and what are the proposals to be made to improve immigration policies?
In my opinion, integrating means respecting the rules and traditions of a people.
9. Don't you think they only chose you to draw on the votes of your community?
I don't think they chose me just for the votes, I think I have my uniqueness and I can bring so much to our party.
Follow the official page of the civic list Biella is Gentile
The next 26 May, together with the European elections, will be held the Italian administrative elections. We have taken steps to find candidates of Albanian origin that you can consult
Follow Albania News on Google News