6 November will open in Parma tomorrow and the Month of Albanian Culture will continue until December 7, whose activities are sponsored by the Scanderbeg Association based in the Emilian city.
The final date of the month will be precisely the final date, that of 7 December, when a monument to Scanderbeg will be titled and Parma will be the first city in northern Italy to have one.
They speak in the name and on behalf of the Association and the Albanian community of Parma and province Nicoletta Paci, Marion Gajda, Illir Gjika, Gerilda Prekaj and Sonila Otobashi, some of the active members of the 'Scanderbeg Parma'.
The choice of November is not even accidental, since it is precisely in November that the 1912 Albanian Independence Day is celebrated. In December, at the inauguration of the monument to Scanderbeg, the arrival of the Mayor of Tirana is likely, who will take advantage of the visit to visit Parma and the local Albanian community.
This month is full of many initiatives, starting with the Albanian language courses, moving on to literary and film reviews, all in the spirit of using public space as a social container for sharing and spreading the knowledge of the Land of Eagles also to citizens of Parma.
In addition, the Albanian Culture Month is also a springboard for the new emerging generation of Albanians from the Diaspora, who will become an active part in the realization of the event.
This is the complete program
- Wednesday 6 November at 19.30 - Inauguration of the Albanian language and culture course for beginners at the Intercultural Center in Via Bandini, 6 in Parma
- Saturday 16 November at 17.00 - Presentation of the film "Rotta Contraria" with the participation of director Stefano Grossi at the Cinema Edison, in Largo 8 Marzo
- Saturday 23 November at 17.00 - Presentation of the award-winning Albanian author Ornela Vorpsi to Logbooks, small independent bookshop in Parma in via Borgo Santa Brigida, 9
- Sunday 24 November at 17.30 - Concert "Agimet Shqiptare"With the participation of the Albanian students of the Parma Conservatory and the" Scanderbeg "dance group. The exhibition will be held at the Circolo 'Parma Operaof Viale Gorizia, 2
- Saturday 30 November at 17.00– “Trid c'me Albania”, At the school of Parmesan dialect with Enrico Maletti, lover of the Parmesan dialect at the Intercultural Center in Via Bandini, 6
- Saturday 7 December at 10.00 - Inauguration of the monument to the Albanian National Hero SCANDERBEG at the Eunice Kennedy Park in Via Bizzozero
- Saturday 7 December at 19.30 - Grand finale with the Independence Dinner at the Hotel San Marco in Ponte Taro, Parma
Follow Albania News on Google News