The main purpose of the intervention is to support the implementation, in the most rural and remote areas of Northern Albania, of national policies aimed at improving the protection of women's rights, the promotion of gender equality and local development.
The idea of Project was born within the framework of the interventions already started by RTM - Reggio Terzo Mondo , PfD - Partnership for Development and Women's Center Light Steps (local partners) in mountain and disadvantaged areas of the Northern Albania.
The specific objective is thus to strengthen the role of women's grassroots groups in the promotion of socio-economic empowerment of rural women in the mountain areas of the Municipalities of Vau i Dejës, Pukë and Fushë Arrëz (Scutari Region), among the most underdeveloped areas of the entire country.
The direct beneficiaries of the WOMEN Project are 24 groups and / or grassroots organizations of women [360 women] that operate and are based in the mountain areas of the 3 Municipality of Vau Dejës, Pukë and Fushë Arrëz.
WOMEN intervenes on 3 main problems, among them related: profound isolation, low economic capacity, economic dependence.
3 ACTIVITIES will be implemented for rural women's groups:
- "AWARENESS" through the launch and management of 3 WOMEN doors in the Municipalities of Vau Dejës, Pukë and Fushë Arrëze provision of advisory services to rural women's groups on economic empowerment;
- "TRAINING": implementation of a training program on income-generating activities and business planning aimed at rural women's groups;
- "FINANCIAL SUPPORT": creation of the WOMEN Endowment Fund for the economic empowerment of rural women, realization of 1 information campaign on WOMEN Endowment Fund aimed at groups of women from the beneficiary mountain communities, provision of mini-grants to groups of rural women who are beneficiaries of the WOMEN Endowment Fund and monitoring of the pilot initiatives launched by them, provision of technical assistance to the groups of women benefiting from the WOMEN Endowment Fund for a correct development of the initiatives started by them.
EXPECTED RESULTS from the implementation of the WOMEN Project:
- raise awareness among rural women of their social and economic rights;
- increase planning and development capacities for self-employment initiatives for rural women;
- improve access to funding opportunities for grassroots organizations of rural women.
Follow Albania News on Google News