Tirana and Moscow, these are the first two cities where the well-known Albanian writer of world fame Ismail Kadare is formed in the discipline of letters.
It was the 60 years when he began his career as a journalist, a political period marked by the breakdown of relations between Albania and the USSR.
He began like many others, with poems, to move on to fiction. The first collections written by him mark the date of the fifties of the twentieth century. The first story is the one entitled "In foreign land" (1953) when he was only 17 years, while a year later he published the first book of poetry collections entitled "Youth inspiration".
Ten years after the first book of poems, in the 1963, the first novel published "The General of the Dead Army" also arrives. The novel "The city of stone" can also be considered as autobiographical, because it contains details of his childhood and youth.
More contributions can be seen in the field of poetry and the novel, but it must be emphasized that his literary work is rich and varied. Ismail Kadaré, asked for asylum in France in the 1990 years where he still lives today, although he can be considered a citizen of the world because of the many languages in which his works have been translated.
Several times nominated for the Nobel prize, a true ambassador of our literature and culture in the world.
In the 2005 he was awarded the first edition of the International Booker Prize.
He is honorary member of the French Academy.
The writer Ismail Kadare was also the winner of the Spanish award, "Prince of Asturias for Literature”, One of the most prestigious awards in the world in this field.
The Nonino 2018 Award for great personalities of world culture is also added to its trophy board
- The General Of The Dead Army , on the pitiful search for the bodies of Italian soldiers.
- The city of stone , on an episode of the partisan war.
- The palace of dreams , which presents the Ottoman Empire as a symbol of foreign domination and of the power that comes to control the dreams of its subjects.
Other titles published in Italian by Ismail Kadare:
- Doll , published by The Ship of Theseus
- Look for the big loser , published by Controluce (Nardò)
- An invitation to dinner too , published by Longanesi
- Il mostro , published by Fandagio Books
- The accident , published by Longanesi
- The twilight of the steppe gods , published by Fandagio Books
- The successor , published by Longanesi
- The eagle , published by Longanesi
- Agamemnon's daughter , published by Longanesi
- Life, adventures and death of an actor , published by Longanesi
- Cold April flowers , published by Longanesi
- The provocation , published by The Ship of Theseus
- The party commission , published by Controluce (Nardò)
- The niche of shame , published by Fandagio Books
Interested in Albanian literature in Italian? We have censored all the books published in Italy. Visit our database
Follow Albania News on Google News