The Eurovision Song Contest 2019 - to be held in Israel from the 14 to the 18 in May - will see as representative of the Albanian Jonida Maliqi, winner of the 57th edition of the Albanian song festival.
The video clip of his single 'Ktheju tokës', with which he will participate in the Eurovision Song Contest, was published on Sunday: the video - developed by Triangle Media Group - is based on the message of the song.
Jonida Maliqi made herself known to the general public in 1995 when, at only 13 years, she participated in the Festivali i Këngës, the main Albanian music event, paired with singer Aleksandër Rrapi with the song 'Planeti i fëmijëve'.
In the 1997 she returned to the festival paired with Kastriot Tusha, where they presented a piece inspired by Mother Teresa of Calcutta. He returned to the festival as a soloist in the 1999, singing "Do jetoj payyi" and earning a second place, and in 2004 with Frikem se më pëlqen, finishing third. In the 2010 he presented for the only time the Festivali i Këngës.
In the 2019 he took part for the tenth time in the fifty-seventh edition of the Festivali i Këngës. On the final evening of the event she was proclaimed winner with the song 'Ktheju tokës', granting her the right to represent Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 in Tel Aviv.
Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest
Since 2004, the year of the first Albanian participation, Albania has always competed in the main European musical event:
- 2004 - Anjeza Shahinicon 'The Image of You' (seventh place finish)
- 2005 - Ledina Cela with 'Tomorrow I Go' (sixteenth final place)
- 2006 - Luis Ejllicon 'Zjarr and ftohte' (not qualified for the final)
- 2007 - Aida and Frederik Ndocicon 'Hear My Plea' (not qualified for the final)
- 2008 - Alta Boka with 'Zemren and lam peng' (seventeenth place at the end)
- 2009 - Kejsi Tolacon 'Carry me in your dreams' (17th place finish)
- 2010 - Juliana Pashacon 'It's All About you' (16th place finish)
- 2011 - Aurela Gaçecon 'Feel the passion' (not qualified for the final)
- 2012 - Rona Nishliucon 'Suus' (fifth place finish)
- 2013 - Adrian Lulgjuraje Bledar Sejko with 'Identitet' (not qualified for the final)
- 2014 - Hersicon 'One Night's Anger' (not qualified for the final)
- 2015 - Elhaida Danicon 'I'm alive' (seventeenth place finish)
- 2016 - Eneda Tarifacon 'Fairytale' (not qualified for the final)
- 2017 - Linditacon 'World' (not qualified for the final)
- 2018 - Eugent Bushpepa 'Mall' (eleventh final place)
Follow Albania News on Google News