The evening will start theEurovision Song Contest 2018, with the first of the two semi-finals scheduled. This year the event is hosted by Portugal, winner of the last edition, and more precisely from the Altice Arena in Lisbon, whose capacity is for 12.500 people.
The two semi-finals will see the representatives of 37 countries that do not have direct access to the final: only 10 countries will be admitted during the first semi-final, 10 qualified during the second and six countries that are already in the final, for a total of 26 countries. The finalists by right are Portugal (host country), Italy, Great Britain, Spain and France.
The first semi-final this evening will see two Albanian singers perform, but they represent two different countries: Eugent Bushpepa with 'Mall' for Albania and Eleni Foureira with 'Fuego' for Cyprus. The order of exhibition - starting from 21 hours with live broadcast on Rai 4 - will be the following:
- Azerbaijan - Aisel, "X my heart"
- Iceland - Ari Ólafsson, "Our choice"
- Albania - Eugent Bushpepa, "Mall"
- Belgium - Sennek, "A matter of time"
- Czech Republic - Mikolas Jofes, "Lie to me"
- Lithuania - Ieva Zasimauskaitė, "When we're old"
- Israel - Netta Barzilai, "Toy"
- Belarus - Alekseev, "Forever"
- Estonia - Elina Netšajeva, "The Force"
- Bulgaria - Equinox, "Bones"
- Macedonia - Eye Cue, "Lost and found"
- Croatia - Franka Batelić, "Crazy"
- Austria - Cesár Sampson, "Nobody but you"
- Greece - Gianna Terzī, "Oneiro mou"
- Finland - Saara Aalto, "Monsters"
- Armenia - Sevak Khanagyan, "Qami"
- Switzerland - ZiBBZ, "Stones"
- Ireland - Ryan O'Shaughnessy, "Together"
- Cyprus - Eleni Foureira, "Fuego"
But that's not all, because the first time there will be three Albanian artists competing. In addition to the aforementioned Eugent Bushpepa and Eleni Foureira, in fact, there will also be the winner of the Sanremo festival Ermal Meta, to represent Italy together with his colleague Fabrizio Moro. The second semifinal will be played on the 10 of May while the grand final will start at 21: 00 on Saturday 12 Maggio.
Who is Eugent Bushpepa
After finishing high school, Eugent Bushpepa leaves Albania and moves to Italy to continue his musical journey. In the 2006 he returns to the land of the eagles and starts working as a singer for the Top Channel television station.
His career officially begins in the 2007, with the release of the rock song Maska and Madhështisë for the participation in the fourth edition of the Top Fest.
In March of the same year, with his band he acts as a support for the rock band Deep Purple during the stage in Albania of their tour. Among the most important highlights of his career is the exhibition with Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, guitarist of Guns N'Roses, at the Oktoberfest of KOrce .
Last year he took part in the 50esima edition of the Song Festival, the main Albanian music festival. Winning with his song 'Mall' earned him the right to represent Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
Albania at the Eurovision
Since 2004, the year of the first Albanian participation, Albania has always competed in the main European musical event:
- 2004 - Anjeza Shahinicon 'The Image of You' (seventh place finish)
- 2005 - Ledina Cela with 'Tomorrow I Go' (sixteenth final place)
- 2006 - Luis Ejllicon 'Zjarr and ftohte' (not qualified for the final)
- 2007 - Aida and Frederik Ndocicon 'Hear My Plea' (not qualified for the final)
- 2008 - Alta Boka with 'Zemren and lam peng' (seventeenth place at the end)
- 2009 - Kejsi Tolacon 'Carry me in your dreams' (17th place finish)
- 2010 - Juliana Pashacon 'It's All About you' (16th place finish)
- 2011 - Aurela Gaçecon 'Feel the passion' (not qualified for the final)
- 2012 - Rona Nishliucon 'Suus' (fifth place finish)
- 2013 - Adrian Lulgjuraje Bledar Sejko with 'Identitet' (not qualified for the final)
- 2014 - Hersicon 'One Night's Anger' (not qualified for the final)
- 2015 - Elhaida Danicon 'I'm alive' (seventeenth place finish)
- 2016 - Eneda Tarifacon 'Fairytale' (not qualified for the final)
- 2017 - Linditacon 'World' (not qualified for the final)
Follow Albania News on Google News