It is not the classic fair. Affordable Art Fair, now in its eighth edition in Milan, has become an appointment awaited by art addicted, by those who want to approach the contemporary without subjection and formalism, but also by collectors tired of too institutional environments.
A format launched in 1999 in London, by gallery owner Will Ramsey, which has become a worldwide phenomenon (15 editions in ten cities). With its consolidated formula, Affordable offers a panorama of trends and authors, some already famous, all living, to be purchased at reasonable prices, up to a maximum of six thousand euros. Perfect for those who want to start collecting some work
From the 25 to the 27 January the Affordable Art Fair is back in the spaces of Superstudio Più in Via Tortona 27 in Milan.
The fair, which for this edition adopts the motto Lose yourself in art sees the participation of 85 galleries and a section dedicated to Outsiders: sick, self-taught, irregular, artists who experience situations of emotional distress.
Among the novelties of this year also Mediterranean Collection, which proposes a «creative journey» in Spain, Portugal, Albania and Iran and Wide Art Fair, the first art fair in virtual reality.
The Kalo Gallery and the Albanian representation
At the fair, as mentioned, Albania will also participate with the artists Gjoci - indicated by Corriere della Sera as outsiders - Dibra, Gjollesha, Kalemi, Konstandini, Napoloni, Tanini and Zenelaj, all promoted by the Kalo Gallery.
The latter - owned by the Kalo foundation - is one of the main in the Land of Eagles and whose mission is to promote Albanian artists through:
- Continuous collection of paintings, sculptures and new media.
- Organization of exhibitions of works from their own collection
- Participation in exhibitions of other galleries or institutions
- Promotion of projects dedicated to inclusive art
- Support for research and publications on art subjects
- Projects to support the improvement of art legislation to increase the interest of companies and the general public in investing in artistic programs.
- Organization of any other activity that contributes to increasing the role of art in the life of society.
Follow Albania News on Google News