A fantastic and ancient specialty of the Albanian families, inherited from generation to generation. The rolls can be prepared as appetizers, as side dishes for first or second courses, but also as a main course together with fresh seasonal salad, for a light meal.
Stuffed vine leaves rollsPrint the recipe
- 40 vine leaves
- 5-6 green onions
- 1 rice tea cup
- Salt to taste
- a bunch of parsley
- 2 olive oil coffee cups
- lemon juice
- a cup of tea with minced meat
- Initially, the vine leaves are cleaned and boiled for 8-10 minutes.
- Subsequently, once drained, they are opened when still warm, because if they are cooled they would stick together.
- Cut the green onion into small pieces, put it on the heat and mix it with the olive oil until its volume decreases. Then add the rice and the minced meat; mix the whole and then add salt, dill and mint.
- Some recipes, in addition to dill and mint, also add a handful of chopped spinach. Stir for a few minutes and then move away from the stove and think about the filling of the vine leaves. The stem is removed from each of the leaves and filled with a spoonful of the freshly prepared rice filling.
- From the side of the leaves, roll to give the shape of a roll. Put in the pot, add salt, a glass and a half of water, olive oil; then, covered the pot, let it boil until the leaves have completely absorbed the water.
- Once ready, the stuffed vine leaves are served sprinkled with lemon juice and a little softened butter, to give even more flavor.