The lamb cooked in milk is the perfect recipe for weekends or for family holidays.
A fantastic, simple and unique recipe that, once tested, will become one of your favorites. The dish is prepared simply and quickly, without problems and without making you waste so much time.
Cooked in this way, the meat takes on a wonderful flavor becoming completely soft.
The recipe of lamb cooked in milk
- 1 kg of lamb meat
- 400 ml of milk
- black pepper
- Two tablespoons of fresh butter
- Two eggs 🥚
- Lemon juice
- Initially, the lamb must be cleaned with water, cut into small pieces and salted to your liking. Then put the black pepper and - depending on your preference - even a pinch of mint.
- Once the first step is finished, the pieces of lamb must be placed in a baking dish. Once the meat has been placed, add the milk and fresh butter cut into small pieces.
- Once everything is ready, put the meat in the oven for about three hours at 150 degrees. The dish will be ready when the milk has evaporated and the surface of the meat will have taken on the 'classic' reddish cooking color.
- Just before serving, prepare a bowl with two eggs, the juice of a lemon, salt and pepper. Beat well and pour the mixture into the pan over the meat to make the egg cream coagulate, but be careful not to do it too much because the sauce must remain soft and creamy!
- The lamb cooked in milk is accompanied by different side dishes, such as the fresh seasonal salad, baked vegetables, light ministers and potatoes cooked in different ways. Furthermore, it can be accompanied by various sauces and cheeses.
In addition to lamb, the recipe also applies to beef or veal.