The origin of this dish is difficult to identify. It is supposed to originate from Latin America and its name (tres - leches), is due to the presence of three types of milk in its preparation.
The ingredients are not exactly typical of traditional Albanian cuisine, but the fact is that this sweet, trilece, has in effect become part of our kitchen. If you haven't tasted it yet, I'll give you my recipe.
Trilece - Albanian sweet with three milksPrint the recipe
- 6 eggs
- 150 gr sugar
- 170 gr flour 00
- 250 gr sweet condensed milk
- 250 ml cream for desserts
- whole milk to taste
- caramel to taste
- First, we divide the yolks from the egg white.
- Whip the egg whites until it becomes particularly thick.
- Add the sugar.
- Separately we also assemble the yolks.
- Mix everything together first by adding the egg yolks and then the flour, a little at a time.
- We mix slowly and in the same way to prevent the flour from making lumps.
- Butter the pan, pour the dough and put it in the oven for 25-30 min at 160 °.
- Once cooked, let it cool.
- Meanwhile, in a container, mix the entire whole well with the condensed one for a few minutes.
- We take the pan again and pour the cream after spreading it well.
- Place our cold cake on top.
- We prick it with a fork along its entire surface and wet it with the previously prepared milk.
- Then we cover all its surface with caramel.
We put it in the fridge for a few hours, and our dessert is ready to be served.
Excellent on its own but can also be accompanied with the vanilla ice cream.